Tips for Success
- 1.888.442.4551 for all VA payment related questions
- Bring your class schedule to the Veterans Office each quarter or after any changes to your credit load and/or tuition. This is one of the most important tips to ensure your VA benefits arrive in a timely and consistent manner.
- Meet with Veteran Advisor quarterly to plan and register for classes.
- Complete annual Program Completion Plan with Veterans Academic Advisor. Whatcom requires all students utilizing GI Bill benefits to meet with a Veteran Advisor annually to create a Program Completion Plan. This plan will act as your approved class list and help guide you to completing your degree.
- Check in with a Whatcom Veteran Representative if you are having difficulty in or out of class. Vet Reps have detailed information about VA benefits, campus services, and community resources.
- Always report changes to your credit load or tuition to the Veterans Office within 24 hours.
- Check out the WCC Library or swing by the Heiner Center for a look inside.
- Veterans who are receiving educational benefits at a half-time or greater rate may be eligible to receive tutorial assistance payment. Complete Form VA 22-1990t or call 1.888.442.4551.
- Contact Whatcom's Veterans Campus and Community Support VISTA: 360.383.3146