Student Ambassador Program
What is the WCC Student Ambassador Program?
The WCC Student Ambassador Program is a group of outstanding students who are selected to represent the College in many capacities. Student Ambassadors reach out to prospective students, conduct campus tours, participate in and help promote various college events, and assist with the successful transition of students to their new campus.
What are the benefits of becoming a Student Ambassador?
- Develop valuable leadership and communication skills by attending workshops and conferences
- Enhance your transfer application or personal resume
- Make meaningful connections with prospective and new students by sharing your experience and knowledge of WCC
- Be a part of a dynamic team of student leaders by collaborating with the ASWCC and Programming & Diversity Board
- Earn a quarterly stipend
- Meet some new great friends!
Who are the Student Ambassadors?
Student Ambassadors are dedicated to student success, diversity, and strengthening student connections. Ambassadors enjoy working with people, are committed to creating change in their community, and are excited about sharing their experiences at WCC with others.
What duties are performed by the Student Ambassadors?
Student Ambassadors build bridges within Whatcom Community College, as well as the greater community and partners. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing campus tours
- Serving as new student orientation (WAVE) leaders each quarter
- Representing WCC at recruitment and Foundation events
- Promoting and increasing involvement in student events and opportunities
- Participating in occasional photo shoots for promotional materials for WCC
- Volunteering at community events
- Minimum of ten (10) hours per month. Some evening and early morning events.
- Meetings ~ Regularly scheduled meetings once per month
- Leadership training
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- One (1) letter of recommendation
- Completed Student Ambassador Application Packet
How can YOU apply to be a Student Ambassador and make a difference at WCC?
Visit the Office of Student Life (SSC 208) or check the Ambassador web page to fill out an application in March, 2013. 6-10 Ambassadors are selected annually, and their term runs from September through June.