Student Tutorials and Resources
Taking an online, hybrid or face-to-face course at WCC? We have eLearning resources and support designed with your success in mind.
If this will be your first quarter in an online or hybrid class,
Winter 2015 On-Campus "Orientation to eLearning" Workshop Schedule
|Wednesday, December 31||9:30-11:00 am||Laidlaw 211|
|Monday, January 5||5:30-7:00 pm||Laidlaw 211|
|Tuesday, January 6||2:00-3:30 pm||Laidlaw 211|
|Friday, January 9||9:30-11:00 am||Heiner 108|
Having trouble with a Canvas "virtual classroom"? Help is available!
Student Help Desk (104 Heiner Center)
Phone: (360) 383-3410 (Local)
1-855-767-9003 (Toll-free long distance)
Hours: Monday - Thursday 7:30am to 7pm and Friday 7:30am to 5pm when classes are in session.
Resources for WCC eLearners
Computer Access on Campus and in the Community
- Student Access Computer Lab (SAL)
- Hallway Computers
- Whatcom Community College Library
- Bellingham Public Libraries
- Whatcom County Library System
Tech Help for Your Own Computer Equipment
Student Email and Skydrive Resources
Student Training Resources for Canvas
WCC is a member of the Northwest eTutoring Consortium. Member schools provide tutors in a variety of subject areas. Because of this collaboration tutors are available many hours of the day throughout the week, including weekends.
- A quick tour of the eTutoring site
- Logging in for the first time (a downloadable file)
- Enter eTutoring
- Whatcom Community College Advising and Registration
- Online Writing Assistance through Whatcom's Writing Center
Receive feedback on your writing for all classes from Whatcom's own Writing Center staff.
- Online Math Center
- Online Library Research Help
- Access to the WCC Library's online databases
- Online Learning Readiness Quiz
Is Online Learning For You? It's not for everyone. Take the quiz.
- Technical and Skill Requirements
WAOL's guide to the technology and skills you'll need for online and hybrid courses.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities (WAOL Memorandum of Understanding)
- Available States
- States where students may enroll in Whatcom's online courses.
- Contact information for state education agencies.
Whatcom Access and Disability Services
All online and hybrid courses at Whatcom Community College should provide contact information for the Access and Disability Services office in the course syllabus. You can contact the ADS office by clicking this link.
Comcast Internet Essentials Program
Call 1-855-846-8376 to apply!