Student Tutorials and Resources
Taking an online, hybrid or face-to-face course at WCC? We have eLearning resources and support designed with your success in mind.
If this will be your first quarter in an online or hybrid class, you're invited to come to an optional on-campus orientation to eLearning and our online course software.
Spring 2014 On-Campus * Orientation to eLearning * Workshop Schedule
|Monday, March 24||2:00-3:30||eLearning Orientation||LDC 211|
|Thursday, March 27||5:00-6:30||eLearning Orientation||LDC 211|
|Thursday, April 3||9:30-11:00||eLearning Orientation||LDC 211|
|Monday, April 7||2:00-3:30||eLearning Orientation||LDC 211|
|Tuesday, April 8||5:00-6:30||eLearning Orientation||LDC 211|
Having trouble with a Canvas "virtual classroom"? Help is available!
Student Help Desk (104 Heiner Center)
1-855-767-9003 (Toll-free long distance)
Available Monday through Thursday 7:30am to 7pm and Friday 7:30am to 2:30pm when classes are in session
Student Email and Skydrive Resources
Student Training Resources for Canvas
WCC is a member of the Northwest eTutoring Consortium. Member schools provide tutors in a variety of subject areas. Because of this collaboration tutors are available many hours of the day throughout the week, including weekends.
- A quick tour of the eTutoring site
- Logging in for the first time (a downloadable file)
- Enter eTutoring
- Clear Web Browser Cache: Mozilla Firefox
- Clear Web Browser Cache: Google Chrome
- Clear Web Browser Cache: Internet Explorer
- Whatcom Community College Advising and Registration
- Online Writing Assistance through Whatcom's Writing Center
Receive feedback on your writing for all classes from Whatcom's own Writing Center staff.
- Online Learning Readiness Quiz
Is Online Learning For You? It's not for everyone. Take the quiz.
- Technical and Skill Requirements
WAOL's guide to the technology and skills you'll need for online and hybrid courses.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities (WAOL Memorandum of Understanding)
- Available States
- States where students may enroll in Whatcom's online courses.
- Contact information for state education agencies.
Whatcom Access and Disability Services
All online and hybrid courses at Whatcom Community College should provide contact information for the Access and Disability Services office in the course syllabus. You can contact the ADS office by clicking this link.
Comcast Internet Essentials Program
Call 1-855-846-8376 to apply!