Why Choose Whatcom Community College?
Whatcom Community College is located in Bellingham, Washington (population 70,000) in the northwest corner of Washington State. Although Bellingham offers an attractive "American small-town" environment, it is located only a short drive from two of North America's most attractive cities – Seattle, Washington and Vancouver, British Columbia – Canada.
Bellingham is a scenic city surrounded by the natural beauty of the San Juan Islands, Cascade Mountain Range, and many lakes, rivers, forests, and parks. Because of its attractive location, Bellingham is often recognized by national media as one of the best places to live in the U.S. Bellingham offers a high quality of life, a low crime rate, a friendly community, a clean environment, an affordable cost of living, and all the modern conveniences of a small city.
Successful University Transfer Program
From the first day that they arrive at Whatcom, international students work closely with their International Student Advisor to develop their academic plan. Throughout their education at Whatcom, international students are involved in quarterly academic advising to complete the necessary courses in preparing for their major when they transfer to a university.
Whatcom international students have been accepted to the following universities:
- Arizona State University
- Central Washington University
- Eastern Washington University
- Indiana University
- Ohio State University
- Oregon State University
- Pacific Lutheran University
- State University of New York at Buffalo
- State University of New York at Binghamton
- University of British Columbia
- University of Idaho
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- University of California, San Diego
- University of Colorado
- University of Illinois
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- University of Michigan
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- University of Oregon
- University of Puget Sound
- University of Washington
- University of Wisconsin
- Washington State University
- Western Washington University
- And many others...
Personalized Student Support for Every Student
One of the most important features that makes Whatcom unique is the personalized support that every international student receives. The International Programs office provides a warm and welcoming environment for all international students to access the support that they need in achieving their academic goals. The International Programs staff are friendly, professional, and work hard to create a family-like atmosphere for all international students.
Support services for international students include:
- Pre-admission and visa process advising
- Airport pick-up service
- Academic, personal, and immigration advising
- Orientation and transition advising
- Homestay Program
- Housing advising and coordination
- Peer Mentor program
- University transfer advising
- Free tutoring services
- And more...
Whatcom provides a wide variety of low-cost activities through the International Friendship Club that allow international students to meet U.S. students and to enjoy the exciting and beautiful environment that northwest Washington has to offer.
International students enjoy activities such as: