|Pay now||Grades & Transcripts||class search||Text
Welcome to Running Start
Feel free to explore our website, drop in to see us in Laidlaw 134 or call us at 360.383.3123
Running Start Orientation
New to Running Start Fall 2015? Join us for Orientation!
Location: Syre Student Center
Full time students (most or all of your classes at WCC), click here to sign up.
- Thursday, September 10; 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Monday, September 14; 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Friday, September 18; 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Saturday, September 19; 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Monday, September 21; 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Part time students (usually two or fewer classes at WCC), click here to sign up.
- Thursday, September 10; 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Monday, September 14; 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, September 15; 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
- Monday, September 21; 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
What is Running Start?
Running Start is a statewide partnership between Whatcom Community College and local high schools and in Washington. The program allows high school juniors and seniors to attend WCC tuition free and have the credits count for both high school and college credit. College credits are paid for by the school; saving families money as students begin their college careers. The college credits completed in Running Start will transfer to most universities and save the student time, effort and money. Students can select a schedule that works for them and allows them to easily coordinate classes, work, family, faith and other personal commitments.
- Students may enroll simultaneously in high school and college classes, or solely at the college.
- WCC offers day, evening, and online courses
- Students receive both high school and college credit for classes completed at the college.
- Students do not need the permission of the high school to enroll in the program, the student and parents make this choice.
Students can still compete in athletics, clubs and be involved in their high school as much as they choose. Additionally, there is a vibrant college experience for them in Running Start; students can participate in clubs, events and activities at WCC.
Interested in Learning More?
To learn more about Running Start, please attend one of the upcoming one-hour information sessions listed below. No RSVP necessary. Click here to visit our Future Student Page for steps on how to be admitted.