Adult Basic Education & GED
WCC offers classes for basic reading, writing and math brush-up, and GED test preparation. Some classes integrate computer skills. The following classes are available quarterly.
- GED Preparation - Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, Science
- Accuplacer and College Placement Preparation - English & Math
Tuition & Fees
- $25 tuition per quarter for students enrolled in ABE, ESL and GED classes.
$30 per test. The GED consists of 4 tests.
New Student Orientations (required)
- To enroll for classes, new students must first attend an orientation session. Orientations are offered both morning and evening.
- Pre-registration is required ~ Please call (360) 383-3060 or stop by Cascade Hall 167 (Office of Transitional Learning) for a registration packet and the date of the next available orientation.
- Students 16 - 18 year olds may attend orientation but will need a Request for Approval to Test form from the high school where they currently live before registering for classes.
- Any questions, please contact the Office of Transitional Learning at (360) 383-3060 or by email email@example.com.
- Find Driving Directions to WCC and the Campus Map.
Students returning within 6 months are not required to attend orientation sessions. For more information or to return to classes contact the Office of Transitional Learning at (360)383-3060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
GED Testing Information
To schedule and pay for a GED test go to https://ged.com/
General GED information provided by GED Testing Service is available at https://ged.com/
To request GED transcripts or records go to https://gedverify.org
IBEST is a program that provides extra support for ABE students in professional/technical programs such as Medical Assisting & Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC).
For information, please contact:
- Carla Gelwicks at (360) 383-3061 or email email@example.com
- Yusuke Okazaki at (360) 383-3080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information about the ABE/GED program, contact the Office of Transitional Learning at (360) 383-3060 or email email@example.com.