Who's Eligible for Running Start?
Students must be in 11th or 12th grade as determined by the public high school. Home schooled students will work with their school's District Office annually to determine grade level (home school students in the Bellingham District should contact the high school registrar). Students attending a private school must register with a public high school to receive Running Start funding.
Eligible students must place at college-level English and reading as determined by Accuplacer tests.
Attend an Information Meeting...
To learn more about Running Start, please attend a one-hour information meeting. No RSVP necessary. (Campus map).
Running Start Information Meetings for Fall 2014 and Beyond!
- Tuesday, March 18th - 7-8pm, Deming Public Library
- Thursday, March 20th - 7-8pm, Heiner 209
- Tuesday, March 25th - 7-8pm, Heiner 209
- Thursday, March 27th - 7-8pm, Ferndale Public Library
- Saturday, April 12th - 11am-12pm, Bellingham Public Library
- Tuesday, April 15th - 7-8pm, Lynden Public Library
- Thursday, April 17th - 7-8pm, Heiner 209
- Monday, April 21st - 7-8pm, Blaine Public Library
- Wednesday, April 23rd - 4-5pm, Heiner 209
- Monday, May 5th - 7-8pm, Heiner 209
- Thursday, June 5th - 4-5pm, Heiner 209
If you are interested in Running Start, but cannot attend an information meeting, please call the Running Start office at 360.383.3123.
Take the Placement Test...
To qualify for Running Start, students take both the Sentence Skills (English) and Reading placement tests. (Students who have earned a score of "4" or "5" on the AP English Language/Comp exam are exempt from placement testing.) A one-time Testing Fee of $20 will be charged unless the student is eligible for a Fee Waiver.
Placement Testing for Fall 2014 and Beyond!
- Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 3-5pm, Laidlaw 211
- Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 9-11am, Laidlaw 211
- Monday, March 17, 2014 - 3-5pm, Laidlaw 211
- Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 9-11am, Laidlaw 211
- Saturday, March 22, 2013 - 11:30am-1:30pm, Laidlaw 211
- Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 3-5pm, Laidlaw 211
- Tuesday, April 1, 2014 - 9-11am, Laidlaw 211
- Wednesday, April 2, 2014 - 1-3pm, Laidlaw 211
- Thursday, April 3, 2014 - 3-5pm, Laidlaw 211
Read more about testing for admission
Running Start Office
Laidlaw Center 134
8 a.m. - 5 p.m., M-F
P: (360) 383-3123
Campus Map / Directions