What is Running Start?
Running Start is a statewide partnership between high schools and community and technical colleges in Washington. Whatcom Community College remains committed to serving local students through Running Start, the popular program for high school juniors and seniors. Running Start offers families significant cost savings as students begin their college careers.
- Students may enroll simultaneously in high school and college classes, or solely
at the college.
- Students receive both high school and college credit for classes completed at
- Students do not need the permission of the high school to enroll in the program, the student and parents make this choice.
Attend an Information Meeting...
To learn more about Running Start, please attend a one-hour information meeting. No RSVP necessary. (Campus map).
Running Start Information Meetings for Fall 2014 and Beyond!
- Thursday, April 17th - 7-8pm, Heiner 209
- Monday, April 21st - 7-8pm, Blaine Public Library
- Wednesday, April 23rd - 4-5pm, Heiner 209
- Monday, May 5th - 7-8pm, Heiner 209
- Thursday, June 5th - 4-5pm, Heiner 209
If you are interested in Running Start, but cannot attend an information meeting, please call the Running Start office at 360.383.3123.
Attention: These links will not work with older versions of Internet Explorer (IE 8 or older). If you are unable to use them, try Google Chrome or Firefox.
Running Start Office
Laidlaw Center 134
8 a.m. - 5 p.m., M-F
P: (360) 383-3123
Campus Map / Directions