New options for Cybersecurity degree classes
Winter 2014 Cybersecurity Camp for high school students is now underway!
UPDATE: WCC Offers Degree Pathway in Cybersecurity!
WCC Awarded NSF Grant to support CyberWatch Center
CAE2Y Designation awarded
You must install Adobe Flash to view this content.
CIS Program and Student Activities
CIS students take advantage of several experiences to enhance training and improve professional development.
- Students in the CIS program participate annually in the Pacific Rim Cyberdefense Competition. Click here to view a short film of the first competition held in 2008.
- Students also participate in the National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition.
- The student run IT Pro's Help Desk is a free service provided by CIS students, under the direction of CIS faculty, to anyone on Whatcom's campus. CIS students diagnose, troubleshoot and problem solve a wide variety of desktop and laptop issues.
- IT Professionals of Tomorrow is the student club for anyone interested in the field of information technology. The club meets regularly throughout the quarter. Click here to view the club web page and to get current information on meeting dates, contacts, and activities.
- Once students begin the CIS program, they gain access to a variety of technology resources, including: