Apply now if you plan to start Western Washington University’s Computer and Information Systems Security (CISS) program this fall 2015.
Important steps and deadlines:
- To apply for financial aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. February 15, 2015 is the priority deadline.
- Apply to WWU online. March 1, 2015 is the priority submission deadline.
- Apply to the CISS program. March 1, 2015 is the priority submission deadline.
See the CISS application process instructions for more details. Also visit www.wwu.edu/ciss.
For assistance and/or to receive future updates about Western’s CISS program contact Jenny Hebert, WWU Special Projects Manager, (360) 650-7780 or email@example.com.
CIS Program and Student Activities
- Students in the CIS program participate annually in the Pacific Rim Cyberdefense Competition. Click here to view a short film of the first competition held in 2008.
- Students also participate in the National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition.
- The student run IT Pro's Help Desk is a free service provided by CIS students, under the direction of CIS faculty, to anyone on Whatcom's campus. CIS students diagnose, troubleshoot and problem solve a wide variety of desktop and laptop issues.
- IT Professionals of Tomorrow is the student club for anyone interested in the field of information technology. The club meets regularly throughout the quarter. Click here to view the club web page and to get current information on meeting dates, contacts, and activities.
- Once students begin the CIS program, they gain access to a variety of technology resources, including: