Planning prerequisite courses can be complicated. Without all of the information or a plan, you risk wasting your time and money. After attending an information session, consider scheduling an appointment with your Advisor to help you plan a sequence of courses for your unique circumstances. Entry and Advising is located in Laidlaw Center (LDC) 116 or can be reached by phone at 360-383-3080 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the prerequisites?
- ENGL& 101 (5 credits) English Composition I (or any higher-level English composition course)
- BUSAD 100 (5), Business Math, OR MATH 111 (5), Methods for Problem Solving OR any Q/SR course(5), (including CHEM& 121)
- PSYC& 100 (5), General Psychology OR SOC& 101 (5) Introduction to Sociology
- Science lab course (any 5-credit Biology, Chemistry or Physics lab course, other than Anatomy & Physiology 1)
- MA 101 (2), Medical Terminology 1
- BIOL& 241 (5), Human Anatomy and Physiology 1
- BIOL& 242 (5), Human Anatomy and Physiology 2 is no longer a required prerequisite course though it is strongly recommended before entering the program.
- If you intend to take prerequisite courses somewhere other than WCC, please check with an Advisor regarding the transferability of the course you plan on taking.
- If you have earned a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university or you earned a transfer degree in Washington state, you may be able to use your degree as a whole to satisfy individual general education prerequisites. Please consult with your Advisor to explore those options.
- Although not mandatory, it is highly recommended that students enroll in a communication studies course that best suits their needs. Course options at WCC include CMST& 101, CMST& 210, CMST& 220, CMST& 230). Consult with an advisor for details.