Hospitality and Tourism Business Management
Degree and Certificate Information
- Associate in Science Degree / Business Administration, Hospitality & Tourism
- Certificate / Hospitality & Tourism Business Management -- Click here for Gainful Employment details
For degree, certificate and short-term opportunities in other business-related programs, also visit:
- Accounting and Finance program web page
- Business Administration program web page
- Office Administration program web page
What is WCC's Hospitality and Tourism Business Management Program?
Many potential pathways to a career in Hospitality and Tourism begin here at Whatcom Community College. WCC offers a 45 credit certificate in Hospitality and Tourism Business Management or a 90 credit Associate in Science degree in Hospitality and Tourism Business Management. The certificate program is designed to accommodate the working student's schedule with a minimum number of days on campus. The program incorporates business management courses such as Business Computing and Customer Service for Professionals with general education classes and the following core of technical courses:
- Introduction to Hospitality Management
- Hotel Management and Lodging Systems
- Meeting and Event Planning
- Travel and Tourism Operations
- Catering, Banquet, and Food Service Management
What is the application process?
There is no special program application for the Hospitality and Tourism Business Management Program or the Business Administration Program.
Career & Salary Outlook
The hospitality and tourism field includes many job titles and pay scales. In Whatcom County, hotel and resort desk clerks may start at $9.38 per hour, whereas lodging managers may start at $16.19 per hour. Corresponding average wages range from $11.74 to $20.76 per hour. Meeting, convention and event planners may start at $16.37 per hour; the average wage in is $21.30 per hour.
Sources: CareerOneStop 2012; WA State Employment Security Department, September 2013.
Career Pathways: A visual roadmap to help you reach your career goals.
Advising and Education Planning
360.383.3080 for appointment
Baker Hall, Room 126