Whatcom College International Programs Whatcom International Logo Whatcom Logo

Financial Aid/Scholarships for Study Abroad

Financial Aid recipients can generally use their awards for studying abroad. Students are encouraged to contact Whatcom Community College's Financial Aid office to learn more about financial aid options. If you have not applied for financial aid before, fill out your FAFSA form now! Even though you might not receive any financial aid at this point it is good to be in the system!

The Washington State Community College Consortium for Study Abroad (WCCCSA) website www.wcccsa.com lists many scholarship websites.

For example, the Gilman Scholarship offers up to $5,000 to students wanting to study abroad and is worth checking out! Students need to be Pell Grant recipients to be able to apply for the Gilman. Here is the link to the official Gilman Scholarship facebook page if you want to check that out for more information!

Applications are now being accepted for The Anna Rosemary Harris Scholarship for Study Abroad. Please click here for the application form.

A well-written, clear essay that addresses the reasons on why you want to participate in a particular program and how you think you will benefit from it is essential for any scholarship application!

For more information, please contact:

Ulli Schraml, Associate Director of International Programs -- New Student Support and Internationalization
Phone: (360) 383-3244 | Fax: (360) 383-3241
International Programs Office
Syre Student Center 201