Now Accepting Applications for Spring Quarter
What is the Opportunity Grant?
The Opportunity Grant is a scholarship available to eligible students training for high-demand, high-wage careers at Whatcom.
Priority to serve:
1. Students with no prior college degree or certificates
2. First generation students (you are the first in your family to attend college)
3. Students from underrepresented populations
What will this scholarship cover?
Eligible students may receive funds to cover tuition and mandatory fees up to 45 credits or $4,400, and up to $1,000 per academic year for books and supplies.
Individual student support services are also an important part of this scholarship, and includes a single point of contact, career advising, academic tutoring help, emergency child care, emergency transportation and/or other academic and personal support services.
New Opportunity Grant Funding For Tuition and Books Now Available
Apply now! The State Board for Community and Technical Colleges recently approved additional career pathways eligible for the Opportunity Grant Scholarship. Students pursuing the below degrees or certificates can now apply for Opportunity Grant funds.
- Associate in Science Degree or Certificate - Accounting
- Associate in Science Degree – Business Administration
- Certificate – Business Administration – Retail Management
- Associate in Science Degree - Computer Information Systems (CIS)
- Certificate - CIS – Network Administration
- Certificate - CIS – Technical Support
- Associate in Applied Science - Transfer – Cybersecurity
- Associate in Arts Degree or Certificate - Early Childhood Education
- Associate in Science Degree – Finance
- Associate in Science Degree or Certificate - Massage Practitioner
- Associate in Science Degree or Certificate - Medical Assisting
- Associate in Science Degree - Physical Therapist Assistant
- Associate in Science Degree - Nursing
|Opportunity Grant Coordinator|
|Student Support Coordinator|
|Director of Advising and Career Services|