Whatcom Community College offers adult basic education (ABE) classes for basic reading, writing and math brush-up, and GED test preparation. Some classes integrate computer skills. The following classes are available quarterly.
- GED preparation: Language arts, math, social studies, science
- Accuplacer and college placement preparation: English & math
Tuition & fees
- $25 tuition per quarter for students enrolled in ABE, ESL and GED classes.
$30 per test. The GED consists of 4 tests. You must go to GED.com to schedule and pay for a GED test.
- To enroll for classes, new students must first take CASAS placement tests. Testing sessions are offered both morning and evening on an on-going basis. After taking the CASAS placement tests students will be eligible to register at the next registration session.
- CASAS testing is required. Please call 360.383.3060 or stop by the Office of Transitional Learning in Cascade Hall 167 to schedule a CASAS testing session.
- Students 16-18 years old may take the CASAS tests but will need a Request for Approval to Test form from the high school where they currently live before registering for classes.
Students returning within 6 months of their last CASAS test are able to register at the next registration session. For more information or to return to classes contact the Office of Transitional Learning at 360.383.3060 or email email@example.com.
GED testing information
- To schedule and pay for a GED test go to https://ged.com/
- General GED information provided by GED Testing Service is available at https://ged.com/
- To request GED transcripts or records go to https://gedverify.org
Integrated Basic Education & Skills Training (IBEST) is a program that provides extra support for ABE students in professional-technical programs such as Medical Assisting & Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC). Visit the IBEST page for more information.