Whatcom Community College offers a variety of online, hybrid, and mediated learning courses providing the flexibility needed for balancing work, personal life, and school.
Flexible learning modalities are a great option for students living far from campus, those interested in commuting less, and/or for individuals who desire a flexible schedule. These courses meet the same high standards as WCC on campus courses and have equivalent academic requirements.
Online courses use a variety of technologies, materials, and methods to achieve the same learning outcomes as traditional courses. Courses are conducted solely through an online platform. Any on campus or proctoring service requirements will be stated up front in the course syllabus.
Hybrid courses are conducted partially through an online course platform and partially face-to-face.
Self-Paced Labs/Mediated Learning allow students to progress at a self-accelerated pace with assistance from an instructor.
What can you earn completely online?
- Online Associate in Arts and Sciences transfer degree
- Coming soon! Associate of Science in Business Administration
What healthcare programs are hybrid?
- Award-winning hybrid physical therapist assistant program: This online/hybrid program is offered in a part time format. Students are only required to visit the campus approximately one weekend a month.
- Hybrid massage practitioner program: Daytime and evening options available. Eight of the core massage program classes are delivered online or in a blended online format.
What can you earn more than half online?
What can you earn at your own pace?
- Business information systems courses
- Accounting courses
- Early childhood education courses
- Office administration courses
.........and much, much more
Check the schedule for a list of specific courses offered through flexible options.
Ready to get started?
- Find out what you need to know about online learning at Whatcom Community College by viewing this video.
- How will you pay for your courses? Check on financial aid availability, or view our tuition rates.
- Not sure if eLearning is right for you? Take this online learning readiness quiz.
- For more information, contact one of our online advisers: Elizabeth Scroggs or Dave Knapp (professional-technical programs) or Leslie Clark (all others) at email@example.com.