What is the application process & deadline?
The on-campus RN program starts each fall quarter and applications are due during spring quarter. Be sure to check with an advisor for actual dates and deadlines. There is an application deadline prior to each program start as follows.
- Fall 2015 On-Campus RN Program Deadline - May 14, 2015. Applications will be accepted beginning January 19, 2015.
|You must complete the following steps by the RN program application deadline to be considered for program acceptance:|
STEP 1 - Apply to Whatcom Community College
Students must be enrolled at WCC and have an active student identification number (SID) in order to apply to the RN program and pay related fees.
Apply to WCC online or request a WCC application by email at email@example.com, by phone 360.383.3001, or in person at the entry/advising office, LDC 116. Once you receive your SID number, proceed to STEP 2.
STEP 2 - Obtain and complete RN selective application forms
STEP 3 - Pay application fee
STEP 4 - Submit RN application form and supporting materials by the application deadline
Submit the completed RN application form and all required supporting documentation in one complete packet. All materials must be received at the WCC Registration/Records Office by the deadline. Your packet should include:
- Completed Application for Selective Entry Admission form
- Completed Applicant Checklist
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges where you earned credits that may apply to the RN program
- A minimum grade of B (3.0 grade point) is required in each prerequisite and general education course
- Receipt for the $10 purchase of a Washington State Patrol Background check through the WCC Business Office
- Personal Statement including Smarter Measure results (see details on application form)
- Documentation showing you are a currently Nursing Assistant - Certified, in Washington State.
How Are Students Selected for the RN Program?
Admission to the college does not guarantee admission to a selective entry program. Applicants who were previously accepted into the RN Program and declined acceptance or withdrew after the program started need to reapply and are not guaranteed priority consideration.