What is the application process & deadline?
The daytime massage practitioner program starts each fall quarter and applications are due the prior spring quarter; the evening program starts each spring quarter with applications due in the preceding winter quarter. Applications for upcoming program starts are open as follows:
- Spring 2015 start (evening program): Deadline for consideration is January 22, 2015 for complete application and all related materials. Applications will be accepted after October 20, 2014.
- Fall 2015 start (daytime program): Deadline for consideration is June 4, 2015 for complete application and all related materials. Applications will be accepted after March 16, 2015.
You must complete the following steps by the program application deadline to be considered for program acceptance:
STEP 1 - Apply to Whatcom Community College
Students must be enrolled at WCC and have an active student identification number (SID) in order to apply to the massage program and pay related fees. You must be at least 18 years old by the start of massage program classes to be accepted into the massage practitioner program.
Apply to WCC online or request a WCC application by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone 360.383.3001, or in person at the entry/advising office, LDC 116. Once you receive your SID number, proceed to STEP 2.
STEP 2 - Obtain and complete massage practitioner selective entry application forms
Download the Application for Selective Entry: Massage Practitioner Program [PDF] or, contact email@example.com, or by phone at 360 383-3030.
STEP 3 - Pay application fee
Students must pay the application fee ($25) on or before the application deadline. If submitting payment by mail, include a completed application fee payment form (page 2 of the application).
STEP 4 - Submit massage practitioner application form and supporting materials by the application deadline
Submit the completed massage practitioner application form and all required supporting documentation in one complete packet. All materials must be received at the WCC Registration/Records Office by the deadline. Your packet should include:
- Completed Application Form with Experience/Education Summary
- Completed Application Checklist
- Official Transcripts from all previously attended colleges where you earned credits that may apply to the Massage Practitioner Program
- Three (3) completed Student Recommendation Forms
- Three (3) completed Experience Verification Forms
- Completed Health Form
- Receipt for the $10 purchase of a Washington State Patrol background check through the WCC Business Office in Laidlaw Center at WCC.
Background check information
Clinical placements, employment and licensure in a healthcare field often require a background check.
WCC will conduct a Washington State Patrol background check on applicants. Students need to pay the $10 fee for background checks to the business office, obtain a receipt, and attach that receipt to their application. Results of the background check will be given to the massage program coordinator. Those students with a negative finding will be required to meet with the program coordinator prior to admittance to discuss possible options. Background check results for program applicants are considered valid for a period of six months only. Entrance and acceptance into the program is contingent upon background checks.