Degree and Certificate Information
- Associate in Science Degree / Business Administration, Hospitality & Tourism [PDF]
- Certificate / Hospitality & Tourism Business Management [PDF] -- Click here for Gainful Employment details
What is WCC's Hospitality and Tourism Business Management Program?
Many potential pathways to a career in Hospitality and Tourism begin here at Whatcom Community College. WCC offers a 45 credit certificate in Hospitality and Tourism Business Management or a 90 credit Associate in Science degree in Hospitality and Tourism Business Management. The certificate program is designed to accommodate the working student's schedule with a minimum number of days on campus. The program incorporates business management courses such as Business Computing and Customer Service for Professionals with general education classes and the following core of technical courses:
- Introduction to Hospitality Management
- Hotel Management and Lodging Systems
- Meeting and Event Planning
- Travel and Tourism Operations
- Catering, Banquet, and Food Service Management
What can I do as a hospitality or tourism business manager?
The $10 billion Hospitality and Tourism industry is a growing, vibrant, and fast-paced industry with endless opportunities for advancement. Just some of the exciting careers opportunities include:
- Event and Wedding Planner
- Meetings and Conference Coordinator
- Catering Sales or Coordinator
- Restaurant Manager
- Hotel Manager
- Sales and Marketing
- Publicity and Promotion
- Community Relations
- Tour guide
- Property Management
Can I transfer with my Hospitality & Tourism Degree?
If you want to continue your education beyond Whatcom, you can transfer your H&T courses into Washington State University's Hospitality Business Management Program or your AAS degree to South Seattle Community Colleges Bachelors of Arts and Science program in Hospitality Management. Ask your advisor for more information about transferring to one of these fantastic schools.
What is the application process?
There is no special program application for the Hospitality and Tourism Business Management program.