WCCF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
The WCCF General Scholarship Application for the 2015-16 academic year is available from January 30th through March 6th 2015.
The WCC Foundation offers many scholarship opportunities to Whatcom Community College students. Scholarships are awarded to students demonstrating academic achievement, personal growth, and/or contributions to fellow students, the College, or the community.
WCCF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INFORMATION:
- The General Application is the only application necessary for all WCCF scholarships.
- Most of the questions are multiple choice or yes/no questions
- There are 2 essay questions (150 words or less). The essay questions give the reviewers a sense of who you are and your future goals.
- Some scholarships have more specific criteria. By answering all questions on the Questionnaire tab, you will be filtered into all scholarships you are qualified for.
- An unofficial copy of your latest transcript will need to be uploaded to the application. You can obtain this from your WCC account or check with an advisor.
- One Letter of Reference from a teacher, professor, counselor, school administrator or employer will need to uploaded to the application. Please plan ahead to obtain this letter, give the letter writer time to prepare a thoughtful letter.
- Notification of scholarship awards are typically sent in June, with some additional award notifications sent over the summer.
- Notifications will be both mailed and e-mailed to the address listed on your scholarship application. Be sure to update the Foundation of any address or email changes.
- WCCF Scholarship awards are typically disbursed the start of Fall quarter. Some exceptions apply.
Whatcom Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation, genetic information or age in its programs and activities. WCC publications are available in alternate formats upon request.