Great Things Are Happening at Whatcom!
View our latest video here!
The WCC Foundation
Building futures together
Thanks to our generous donors, students are discovering and achieving their dreams at Whatcom Community College. In order to ensure access to higher education for all students and strengthen our College programs, WCC needs the help of passionate donors. The ultimate goal of the WCC Foundation is to provide support and a high-quality learning experience for every student, regardless of need, ensuring that financial constraints are not an obstacle to a bright future.
Every donor is critical to reaching our goal. Every contribution makes a difference. Please join us in helping all our students on the path to success.
Opportunity for all
Whatcom is a place of opportunity, outstanding achievement and sometimes second chances -- often in the face of enormous odds. With a devoted faculty and staff committed to students’ success, Whatcom offers an experience unparalleled at comparable educational institutions.
Whatcom students come from all backgrounds and have a rich variety of life experiences:
- In the 2013-14 academic year, the College served nearly 11,000 students, including more than 200 veterans and 900 Running Start students.
- Seventy percent of our students were from Whatcom County and 40 percent were the first person in their family to attend college.
- A large majority of students – more than 80 percent – were seeking academic transfer degrees, which allow them to move on to a traditional four-year university and earn a bachelor’s degree.
Though they bring different perspectives to campus, our students share in common the determination to improve themselves and pursue their dreams. After attending Whatcom, students move on to advanced study or go out into the community prepared to lead rewarding lives. Building futures together is what we’re all about.
While tuition at WCC is a bargain compared to the cost of attending most four-year colleges, it is still out of reach for many students. Tuition has continued to rise at colleges across the state, including at Whatcom. With the added expense of books, supplies and living costs, more students are finding they simply cannot afford to pursue a college degree.
Yet in today’s world, the need for higher education has never been greater. More and more jobs require applicants to hold a bachelor’s degree or higher, and it is difficult to support a family with only a high school degree.
The power of your gift
Generosity in action
Individuals and corporate partners make student success possible by providing support for scholarships, emergency financial aid, and other essential programs.
In 2013-14, the Foundation awarded:
- More than $230,000 in student scholarships
- More than $125,000 for student services, such as tutoring, emergency financial aid, book fund, GED assistance, and WCC's Turning Point program
- Nearly $50,000 for faculty and staff development
Find out more about how your donations through the Foundation help us build futures together:
Hours: Mon. - Fri., 8AM - 5PM
237 West Kellogg Road
Bellingham, WA 98226
333 Calluna Court, 2nd Floor
Bellingham, WA 98226