The WCCF 2016-17 general scholarship application is now closed
The WCC Foundation offers many scholarship opportunities to Whatcom Community College students. Scholarships are awarded to students demonstrating academic achievement, personal growth, and/or contributions to fellow students, the College, or the community.
The General Application is the only application for all WCCF scholarships.
- Plus, you will need to upload an unofficial copy of your latest transcript to the application. You can obtain this from your WCC account or check with an advisor.
- and, two Letters of Reference from a teacher, professor, counselor, school administrator or employer will need to be uploaded to the application. Please plan ahead to obtain these letters to give the letter writer time to prepare a thoughtful letter.
- Most of the questions are multiple choice or yes/no questions
- There are 5 essay questions (150 words or less). The essay questions help the application review committee get a sense of who you are and your future goals.
- Some scholarships have more specific criteria. By answering all questions on the Questionnaire tab, you will ensure eligibility for all scholarships for which you are qualified.
- Notification of scholarship awards are typically sent in May and June, with some additional award notifications sent over the summer.
- Notifications will be both mailed and e-mailed to the address listed on your scholarship application. Be sure to update the Foundation of any address or email changes.
- WCCF Scholarship awards are typically disbursed the start of Fall quarter. If you need a Summer quarter disbursement, contact the Foundation.