The WCCF General Scholarship
Application for 2015-16
The WCC Foundation offers many scholarship opportunities to Whatcom Community College students. Scholarships are awarded to students demonstrating academic achievement, personal growth, and/or contributions to fellow students, the College, or the community.
WCCF scholarship application information
- The General Application is the only application necessary for all WCCF scholarships.
- Most of the questions are multiple choice or yes/no questions
- There are 2 essay questions (150 words or less). The essay questions give the reviewers a sense of who you are and your future goals.
- Some scholarships have more specific criteria. By answering all questions on the Questionnaire tab, you will be filtered into all scholarships you are qualified for.
- An unofficial copy of your latest transcript will need to be uploaded to the application. You can obtain this from your WCC account or check with an advisor.
- One Letter of Reference from a teacher, professor, counselor, school administrator or employer will need to be uploaded to the application. Please plan ahead to obtain this letter to give the letter writer time to prepare a thoughtful letter.
- Notification of scholarship awards are typically sent in June, with some additional award notifications sent over the summer.
- Notifications will be both mailed and e-mailed to the address listed on your scholarship application. Be sure to update the Foundation of any address or email changes.
- WCCF Scholarship awards are typically disbursed the start of Fall quarter. If you need your disbursement in Summer quarter, call the Foundation.