WCCF 2016-17 General Scholarship Application
The WCCF general scholarship application is now closed!
The WCC Foundation offers many scholarship opportunities to Whatcom Community College students. Scholarships are awarded to students demonstrating academic achievement, personal growth, and/or contributions to fellow students, the College, or the community.
The General Application is the only application for all WCCF scholarships.
- Plus, you will need to upload an unofficial copy of your latest transcript to the application. You can obtain this from your WCC account or check with an advisor.
- and, two Letters of Reference from a teacher, professor, counselor, school administrator or employer will need to be uploaded to the application. Please plan ahead to obtain these letters to give the letter writer time to prepare a thoughtful letter.
- Most of the questions are multiple choice or yes/no questions
- There are 5 essay questions (150 words or less). The essay questions help the application review committee get a sense of who you are and your future goals.
- Some scholarships have more specific criteria. By answering all questions on the Questionnaire tab, you will ensure eligibility for all scholarships for which you are qualified.
- Notification of scholarship awards are typically sent in May and June, with some additional award notifications sent over the summer.
- Notifications will be both mailed and e-mailed to the address listed on your scholarship application. Be sure to update the Foundation of any address or email changes.
- WCCF Scholarship awards are typically disbursed the start of Fall quarter. If you need a Summer quarter disbursement, contact the Foundation.